JOY

GRAB JOY, ENJOY AND SHARE JOY

Monday, November 4, 2013

I BALK AT CHALK

PAINTING THE OLD FASHIONED WAY
 
BEFORE
 
 
 PRETTY IN BLUE.. AFTER PAINTING USING SPRAY PAINT, SANDPAPER, STAIN AND WAX


The popular product DIY'ers are using today is chalk paint or a variation of chalk paint. I have tied many paints and products over the years. Buttermilk paint was the rage some years back. I did love the colors offered. Seems I always come back to my old, tried and true method.  I use spray paint, sandpaper and wax. You can layer on color, experiment rather easily and it certainly is cost friendly. This is my method of choice on small items.  Larger items I use latex paint.  I can mix and match. Layer and use various stains and processes to achieve the look I want.  Calk paint gives a very nice look, but I am just too cheap to use it and besides, with practice,  side by side there is little difference.

Try your hand at re-doing, re-purposing or whatever you want to call it on a small project.  You can change your décor with little expense and a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment